The Save Request option allows you to save your request for later.
You can use the Save Request option if you are not ready to schedule a visit to the Library or if you have reached your request limit. This will save your requests in a "wish list" where you can retrieve them later.
The "Save Request" option can be used to:
You can easily move requests from your Saved Requests queue into the library staff's paging queue, once you know when you will be visiting the library.
1. Login to your Aeon account and click Saved Requests & Orders from the Order Status menu at the top of the page.
Bancroft staff use the "Save Request" option to help schedule off-site shipping for items you will need during your research visit.
If you have more than 7 items that need to ship from off-site storage (NRLF), which take up to three business days to arrive on-site, we recommend requesting your items in highest priority to lowest priority order. When we are able to accommodate your requests, staff will manually move them from your Saved Requests queue to our shipping request queue (including any items above your Active Request limit).
Staff will monitor your progress working through the material paged in for your use. Depending on your pace we will either pause shipping or retrieve items ahead of schedule (and above your Active request limit), if there is extra space on a daily shipment.
Please note that any large orders, regardless of request allowances, are subject to restrictions out of our control: lead-time you have given us, staff availability, transportation and traffic, storage facility staff and computer issues, on-site space and conservation considerations, and the needs of other researchers.
1. Email email@example.com to alert staff that you are submitting a large number of Aeon requests for your next visit and to please check in your “Saved Requests” list. Once you have submitted your requests in Aeon we can begin to arrange shipment and will contact you if there are any issues.
2. Follow the steps under How to Request Materials from the Library Catalog (UC Library Search) or How to Request Bancroft Materials from a Finding Aid.
3. In the “Notes for Library Staff” field, for each item submitted, list the priority of your item (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 22nd etc.). We use your stated priorities to help arrange shipment of your prioritized material.
4. Select Save Request at the bottom of the form.
5. Click Submit Request.Saved requests are listed under the Saved Requests link in your Aeon account.
Help! Who do I contact if I have a question about Aeon?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that emails sent to this address can only be answered during normal Library business hours, Monday-Friday between 10:00am - 5:00pm.
To print this page or download as a PDF, please click the "Print Page" link at the bottom of this page.