The Regents of the University of California (UC Regents) grant a one-time, non-exclusive, perpetual worldwide license to use, publish, and/or distribute the material(s) identified for the intended project specified, and under the license terms specified.
1. This license pertains solely to UC Regents’ copyright in the Material(s), and does not apply to any rights of publicity or third party rights to content contained within the Material(s)—which must be secured separately. Further, it is the Licensee’s responsibility to assess and comply with all other relevant laws related to privacy in publishing or distributing the Material(s) pursuant to this License Agreement.
2. This license is valid only for the individual, company, or institution to which it is specifically issued and may not be sub-licensed, transferred, assigned, sold, or otherwise disposed of without written permission of the UC Regents. You may not publish or distribute the Material(s) beyond the intended use agreed to in this License Agreement.
3. A license for publication or distribution is granted for one-time use and only for the expressed purpose (i.e. Intended Project) outlined in this License Agreement. Any subsequent use, or change in use, constitutes reuse and a new permissions request must be submitted.
4. If reproductions of the Material(s) are being provided to you, your republication or distribution of them shall not be tinted, reversed, cropped, or altered in any way. Nothing shall be superimposed on the reproduction. A detail may only be used with the prior written permission of the Library, and must be indicated by the word “detail” in parentheses following the documentation.
5. Full documentation credit must appear in immediate proximity to the image, or in the section devoted to photographic credits. The required credit line is:
[Identification of the item], [Name of collection], [Call number of collection], © The Regents of the University of California, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.
6. In authorizing the publication of the Material(s) in the manner specified herein, UC Regents do not surrender its own right to publish it, or to grant permission to others to do so. All rights granted herein are non-exclusive.
7. Images from library collections must not be used to assert or imply that UC Regents endorse any commercial product or confirms the accuracy of any text used in conjunction with these photographs.